Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, August 14, 2017

More August Riding.

Next month will be 2 years since I donated the Subaru to the Vietnam Vets. Still have not replaced my car. 
Joined the Tower Racing guys on Saturday for a brisk warmup. 
Friend Tim loaded up his Surly and headed west. Hope he had a good trip. 
August has been flower explosion time. 

Found this tag on a repair. All I can say is Lucky. 
Lots of sun in August. 
More crazy flowers.

Canal in the quiet of the morning. 

Been riding quite a bit and felt a little burned out on the weekend. I rode with a superfast road group and after about 15 miles decided to leap off and go do some hills in Lemont. I really find it relaxing to go there. I find the hill and do some repeats on it and then go to the next one. Once the legs are good and burned I hit the Polish Deli up for some water and food. I then roll home and feel good. On Sunday I took out the Carboner bike and was trying to pinpoint all the creaky areas in it. I think the BB creaks, so does the seatpost. My shit bike Bianchi from 1984 does not creak a bit. It is quiet like a panther. I hope y'all are having a good Summer. I know it is starting to wind down little by little. Time to start checking lights, pulling on arm warmers in the morning. I think this fall is going to be great. 
as always, thanks for reading. 
Ari 

1 comment:

Mac said...

I did have a great time heading west. Camped outside Morris on Friday night, and rode until the trail died between Marseilles and Ottaws before turning around on Saturday. Made it home with seventy miles on Friday and 110 on Saturday and a lot of pictures.