Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Slender Fungus Announces.............

J.D. Drifter 
"150 miles of gravel caravan"

In the month of June the Slender Fungus is going to host a 150 mile ride on gravel in the northwest region of IL. The ride will mostly cncompass the Jo Daviess County. 
The starting point will be around Elizabeth, IL.
We have yet to determine the exact date but will post asap so you can start planning your summer rides. 
This ride will be self-supported, have around 10,000 feet of climbing and some of the areas will be pretty remote. The vistas in the area are spectacular! We suggest a sturdy bike with good brakes and adequate gearing. We also suggest plenty of liquids, food, lights, a map of the area and a good attitude. 
Drop us a comment if you are interested. 
Jakey La Cruz will be our route master. We will have the route done on GPS so you can then download into a Garmin if you like. 
As always we invite anyone that wants to participate. 
Thanks for reading and hope to see you there. 

Ari 
Slender Fungus Cycling Association. 

8 comments:

Eric said...

I am in for sure. I will keep the entire month open.

Unknown said...

Yes, please.

Michael Lemberger said...

I am powerless to resist the SFCA's charms.

Ari said...

I am so excited about this ride. WE have been talking about it for a very long time. It is going to be a blast. I know it. I know it. I know it.
Ari

Guitar Ted said...

Very interested in this. Just so it isn't on a Sunday. I gotta be at work on every Monday in June to do RAGBY tune-ups!

Unknown said...

GT, it looks like it's only 135 miles to the shop from Elizabeth, so as long as you head out before 10:00p you should be back in time to open the doors on Monday morning. Assuming no nasty headwind, of course.

Anonymous said...

I voted the name should be "Son of Bonkey Kong"....If I can get off work count me in

Dr. Giggles said...

Please sir, can I have some more?

Certain to be a most outstanding adventure for all.

Giggles