Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Sunday Long One

Due to some things I was not able to attend the Northern Classic Heck of the North. The Slender Fungus did represent by Sending Cookie, Bonk King, Gumby, T.J and Dereek Von Weider. The many stories that happened up there are not clear to me yet. All I know is that some finished, Gumby is still lost up in the Northern Woods and that Dereek has a steel frame collapse underneath him while climbing a hill. Typical things that happen to the Slender Fungus population. 
I felt embarrassed for not riding with them so I knew I had to get out and do some mileage. I swapped out the 40mm Happy Mediums from my Chili and put on some dumpster 700x28. I met up with Ron at 7 am and we headed west into a NW wind. We hit Batavia, Maple Park, Sycamore, Genoa all the way up to Woodstock. We arrived at Woodstock with 103 miles. It was 103 miles of headwind. We had some Mexican food and started heading home. The NW wind turned E then SE so we ended up riding 160 miles into the wind. I arrived in the dark and my legs were fried to a tender crisp. I started to think that Ron was also getting tired but it is hard to tell with him. I inhaled some Eggplant Parmesan and turned into a Zombie. I was glad to get out and put in another long one in the month of september. On Monday morning,still sore, I went to the dentist for a very painful root canal. 
Hope you got some good riding in,
Ari 
The fields are changing. Fall and Winter are showing up soon. 


It was so nice to hit some gravel

Bruce joined us for a while. 

My long distance pal Ron



No comments: