Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, October 28, 2013

Buddhist Temple Ride

I had to attend a Baptism on Saturday night and that was a great time seeing family and hanging out with my Brothers. We went to Church in Chicago and then hit up the Banquet Hall. We arrived home at midnight and I was not able to fall asleep until 3 a.m. 
The alarm clock went off at 430 am and I jumped out of bed with burning eyes. I peeked my head out the back door and I made a very cold fog with my breath. It was about 26 degrees out there. I got dressed and hit to road to meet Ron. I instantly felt cold and my toes started to burn. Did I really need to pull out the winter stuff already??
I met up with Ron and we rode Westbound. Around 530-6 am the temps seemed to drop in the pre dawn time. 
We had to dismount and run with our bikes to warm up. My hands were not articulating and I fought to open a vest zipper. We finally made it to the meeting point at 8 am after 40 plus miles of riding. The Bonk King was there. So was T.J, Agatha, Jakey La Cruz and to our surprise Cookie showed up. 
We started to head west and ended up in Cherry Valley. We fought the head wind all the way there and just wanted to head home with the coveted tail wind. The return trip was great. 
I ended up taking some trails all the way back and arrived home 13 hours later. I did not expect such a long ride but was happy to have done it. I know I have that mileage in me. The new BMC road bike was flawless. Maybe I need to tweak the position a bit. 
Thanks to all who came. It was a great day on the bike. 
Ari 
Here is the route we did.
http://www.strava.com/activities/91805712

That's our Gang. 

We always need to rummage in the corn.  A family tradition

Buddhist Temple, Cherry Valley, IL. 



http://ridewithgps.com/trips/1961176

Above is the route on GPS . Check it out and see where we rode.
Ari










No comments: