Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Saturday morning Demon Burner

I went to bed late on Friday for no reason. I did get caught up with "The Heart of Darkness" from Joseph Conrad. I was going up some murky river while snakes and all kinds of creatures were swimming along with me. The Sweat around my neck was decorated with all the mosquitoes that I had smashed with my bare hands. Anyway, it was past 130am when I hit the sack. 
My chili con Cross did not get mounted until 10am. I was so out of it riding so late. I don't understand how other riders can leave home so late. Generally speaking I am already 4 hours into a ride at this time. 
I rode down to Willow Springs to give my pal Joe from 2bici a 5 minute hello. I was anxious to hit the trails and just look at trees. I was on the singletrack soon and I was able to complete the yellow trail. I rode home in ever darkening skies and I got poured on just a few blocks from home. I arrived home to find out I had been cut from the restaurant tonight. That also cut my ride short which was not long enough to burn all the demons. 
Tomorrow we are off to take the wife for the Chicago marathon. She is ready and stoked to do her first event. I will be roaming the streets of Chicago checking out the running scene. I think it will be a great day. 
The wife training for the Marathon. Offroad is best. 


Palos Hills was really good this morning. I could have spent all day there. 

I was shocked to see this little guy on the singletrack this morning. I photographed him and removed him from Danger. 








2 comments:

Death Rider said...

that salamander looks cool, I wonder what happened to the rest of it's tail

Ari said...

some other creature probably had it for lunch. According to my 10 year old biologist child she said that it will grow back. Kids know everything.
Ari