Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, October 21, 2011

Gypsy Criterion











Had a pretty rainy morning, which I think discouraged attendance. Anyway, we go together at Gumby's house and rode out in rain and cold. The gravel was quiet good and as always it was great to be out in the country. It was great to see my friends for another ride since we will be moving out to the mountains soon. My daughter was in from Chicago fresh out of her sling. She had a run-in with a car and had flipped over the bars on the fixed Zeus and done a double fracture on her collarbone.
Gumby is still nursing his knee which housed his twin, unborn brother for over 30 years. Cookie was sporting a Team Salsa jersey and Joe Meiser facial hair. Since Meiser had a kid Cookie is taking over his spot on the Salsa Team. You go Cookie!!!
Uncle Velos was in for a double loop since it was Sunday and he was in search for a Dry Cleaners that was open to do his suit for a wedding he had to attend in Hollywood,California. B.B. was incapicitated from a long night of Polo and Porto. Polo-Porto-Polo-Porto.
So we rolled and at the end Cookie and I ended the day with 7 loops since I had commitments. I got tired of the Selma, even more when I discovered the seat a full 3cms too low. Man, that's why me legs felt so dead. I guess when you ride a lot off road one should check seat heights since they tend to slip a bit.
All in all it was kind of a weird day. There was this gelling missing. I just can't figure it out. Maybe it had to do with the fact that we rode in daylight. We should have done this ride at night!

best,
ari

No comments: