Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, June 28, 2010

Shaking off some cobwebs

700x40mm Ritchey Speedmax. My beloved Thomson Setback post with my 20 year old Rolls Saddle. Unbeatable.




Mr. Farmer tried to farm here. Mother Nature kept saying no and finally won.
Lots of Blue Herons like to hang out here.



Came home feeling not that great. I had a stomachache, toothache, my legs felt like mossy logs and my head was a mess. I ate some pasta with marinara sauce and I was kicked out the door by the wife. She told me I should go ride. I took my tip check from the restaurant and decided to ride to the bank and back. That would make it a 50 mile round trip. I was really happy to have packed a jacket and a bandana. I used the bandana on the way out since the GWT was infested with bugs.There were Billions of bugs, no kidding. I saw two ladies walking dogs and they had those hats with the netting on them. They told me no matter what I did I should just keep moving. I cruised at what seemed a high speed since I made my 25 mile mark in about 1 hour 15 minutes using my cross bike with the 40mm Ritcheys. My aches and pains started to go away. The legs started to settle in and my head started to clear. I just could not shake the pain in my tooth. The more it hurt, the more whisky I kept sipping and hitting the sore spot with. I pretty much had a tail wind all the way out to South Elgin.
As I made my deposit I put on my jacket, readjusted the bandana and put on the headlamp. I kept watching the flag in amazement. As I changed my gear around the flag went from a west wind to a northeast wind. Weird. I rode home with another tailwind and ended up clocking the 50 miles in 3 hours 13 minutes. Drank 2 bottles of wather, 1 Gu and 2 oz of Bushmills whiskey.
Sometimes we all just need to get out and shake them cobwebs away. The cooler temps imediately put people inside and the roads were calm and collected. Rode the Salsa Chili Con Crosso and really enjoyed the ride.
Best,

aRi

No comments: