Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

back to basics

Gumby hiding in the dark



Trusty old Steed



mama turtle laying some eggs.



Riding out of the house, soon to be doning a jacket, as usual.




After last nights efforts I really wanted to ride my cross bike. Gumby and I weren't sure if we were going to hook up for a Slender Fungus session but the mighty towers gave the clear go and off we were into the darkness. We had a bit of a tail wind going into st. charlies and were booking at a decent pace. Saw the neat turtle, lots of deer, racoons and heard a Party of Coyotes singing us a song. Small break at the trailhead and then headed home. I had no dinner which was great cause I did not have that full feeling while riding. I went through both bottles, had a banana and a couple of no caffeine Gus. We ended the night with 42 miles and this did feel like a real ride. No offense to "skinny tired bikes"
best,
Ari

No comments: