Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday Ride





It sure was a crisp one this morning. I left the house with clear skies, a strong wind out of the west and the temps hanging around 11 degrees. I dressed up and refused to let the cold deter me from riding. Hellmut was off to hang around the skyscrapers so I did a solo ride up to route 72, giving me a quick 20 mile ride. I felt really good on the Quickbeam and I rode out of the saddle for extended periods. That is the fitness gained from all the miles on the studded tires. It was a relief to roll on smooth tires and a much lighter bike. I have promised myself that I will ride every day in February and I have a goal of reaching 1,000 miles for the month. I am standing around 350 so far.
Tomorrow is another sub 20 day, but the sun will be out.
best,
ari

No comments: