Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Monday the 8th day of February

Looking wrecked after today's singlespeed-mania.

No joke that I went out and beat myself good today. I got on the Rivendell Quickbeam and did 50 miles on it. I rode out to South Elgin with a stiff wind all the way. I romped around Campton Hills doing some hill work and then ended up on Randall rd. I made a deposit in my bank and then boogied home with a sweet tailwind. The temps kept dropping in anticipation of a big snowstorm that we are supposed to get. I was dressed perfectly though my toes were a bit chilly. I should have doubled up on the toe warmers. My camera died in the cold and I rode the whole ride sans food. I wanted to see what it felt like to ride the last 50 miles of a big ride without nourishment. It is doable and only limited by the mind. Legs are feeling strong and I rode out of the saddle for long periods without tiring. I have a feeling we will be back on studded tires for a while again. I am installing cleats and new Look Quartz pedals on my T. I. bike. Will see how those work.
Total for today 50 miles
Total riding time 4 hours
Cold and windy.

best,

Ari

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Never realized what a fine looking man you are, Ari!!! Have you considered a career as a model?
Best regards, I am lighter now that I have but 9 toes...
Best regards,
Charlie

strangelife said...

Let me know how the Quartz pedals work, I have doubts about them as they look a bit fragile.

s