Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Amazing commute


16" Surly Big Dummy for a 6'4" dude




So I had forgotten the hock-pocker with the studded tires at the shop and paid little attention to the forcast. By this morning the trail was covered in snow. I sent the little one and the wife off to their respective schools and then realized I had no ride to work . The Pantani-mobile has no working wipers at the time and with the snow I did not want to get into a car crash. I quickly mounted some knobby tires and also attached a snow shovel with an 8lbs weight to clear the trail a bit. Needless to say the extra boat anchor made me sweat another 10lbs off before making to work. I quickly realized I had no pants to wear at work since they had all migrated home. Luckily my father in law showed up and gave me a ride to the sports store. I bought some Columbia River Shorts on clearance and the clerk was wondering why I was shopping for shorts in the middle of a snow storm. Hellmut carted my hock-pocker home with his brand new Honday and I rode the Big Dummy in the middle of a blizard. It became harder and harder to drag the snow device and I gave up with 1 mile to go. My legs were on fire.
Tomorrow will be another adventure getting to work and back. I think the wednesday night ride will become a snowshoe event since it is impossible to ride.
best,

Ari