Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, October 19, 2009

Short Post

Kane County today

A break from the Wind

Break on top of a hill, Corron rd


Trusty Bianchi



Slender Fungus ride Sunday 18th, 2009




Been spending a lot less time on the computer and actually just riding a lot. I have had 250+ mile weeks starting September 1st and that is how I plan to keep it for the rest of the year. I took the 26" tires, brakes, etc off the Surly 1x1 and I am riding it fixed with big 700x44 tires. The powerline trail is getting better day by day. This past Sunday the second Slender Fungus Ride happened. We had a small group of 4 and rode out west on Gravel, tar,gravel, tar,gravel, tar, tar, tar, Gravel. Times were good and to all of you who missed out too bad.
Today the wind was out of the SW and it was fierce. Since I dont watch the weather anymore I was overdressed and after 70 miles packed it in and came home to cool down and drink lots of water. As I write the temps are in the mid 60s and I am planning a night ride to get in my weekly century.
I dont know if i mentioned that a couple of weeks ago a had the boys from 911 come over to rescue this asthma boy at 230 am. Thanks guys and the oxygen you gave me was really fresh!!!!


Update 11:30 p.m.


I had this itch in me since I had really planned on pounding out a Hundo for the day. I got all my duties done and called up Hellmut and he was up for a night ride. I was really happy to have the company since I still had 30 miles to go. We headed up north to Genoa and then took North State to Melms and then headed west to Genoa rd, back to Genoa and then 23 south to llloyd to Brickville and then home. The weather was most excellent. A little cool and plenty of clear air. Tested the Dinotte Light and it absolutely blows a lot of lights away. I was able to ride comfortable in low mode and then on the way back I rode the high mode and it woud light up the road waaaaaaaaaaay ahead of us. I am convinced that this small light is going with me to the Trans-Iowa race in 2010. Check them out at dinottelighting.com
At the end of the count I was able to clock in 102 miles.
Thanks for the help Hellmut.
out,
Ari









2 comments:

Richard said...

asthma be damned get those miles in...little over 6 months until Trans Iowa...rodrigo y gabriela rocks...slender fungus... looked jealous schweet...corron rd smile for the camera ha!

Ari said...

Richard,
I was on McDonald rd. today and in some sections it is a bit narrow and the cars a bit fast. I used a mirror and that did help. Sundays ride was a blast. Too bad the gravel was dry cause it would have been better. Tonights night ride was also a blast. More lights, less excuses.
Ari