Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, October 2, 2009

Day off riding

A very wet final strech home

Page diner, Sycamore, IL.

The beast on its favorite terrain


I set off in the morning to ride as much as I could on the Ruffian 29er. I headed west on Twombley and then took Nelson and weaved all over the place before I came out on Old State rd. Then took 64 to the Great western trail and rode all the way to Elgin. Gearing was terrible since I had my singletrack setup for last times trip to Decorah, Iowa. Front 34x18 in back. I spun all day with a low mph average. On the way back it started to rain and the temps were dropping in the low 40's.
I stopped at Page diner for a Patty Melt, cup'0'chili and three cups of bootwater coffee. I was glad to get home and take a long hot shower.
Mileage for the day was 70 miles

No comments: