Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Trying to get back on track.

Black Jersey for Night riding. + I forgot my oxygen tank

Sunday night at Kirkland, IL.




Just before it got Dark in Sycamore,IL.


The visit to N.Y. did me good and we had long talks with the Giggles. We came to the conclusion that the only way to cope with stress and not lose ones sanity is to ride a damn bike. Too many obligations and changes kept me from riding and when you fall into the abyss it takes a lot of will and some help from the wifey and friends to get you out. I have suprisingly stayed somewhat fit with the almost 2 hours a day of commuting. For a guy like me 2 hours of riding is not enough and that does not get me in the shape that I need to be.



So the rides in N.Y. have triggered some chemicals in there and I have been feeling a bit better. Today we got together with E-Van and Helmut and marked the course for the Cornfest Bike Rally that our shop put up. It was fun to see the fams get out and ride with their kids. I just wish that we could have more group rides and not just todays once a year.



At around 7 pm I left the house and rode along Peace rd and got the legs warmed up on the gravel. I met Helmut at 8 pm. and we ended up with 50 miles tonight. Plus the 20 this morning puts me in around 70 miles and I feel great. The weather is starting the change. My light windbreaker kept me frozen and I wished for my wool sweater, leg warmers, gloves and a thicker jacket. A few days ago I was blowing up tubes in N.y. from the heat. Whatever. Made it out to Kirkland and hung out at the Marathon Gas Station for free entertainment.



Hope you had a chance to get out. Shorter days, rain, colder temps. Freaks are going to start coming out.






Ari




1 comment:

bluecolnago said...

hanging out at the convenience store for entertainment must be a midwest thing. i can relate, buddy!