Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Super Soaker

Last night I left the house thinking how it had stopped raining for me to get to work and back. It had rained all day and I had kept dry. At night it was still dry but I took my trusty Showers Pass jacket just in case. I did charge the Nite Rider and off I was. Almost instantly it started to drizzle and then when I was furthest from home it started to rain really hard. I was soaked to the bone but the jacket at least kept my torso dry. I rode with Jesus and he had a golf shirt on and just took the rain. We joked and laughed all through the ride.
Got home around 11:30 and had some food and warm tea.
35 miles total for the day
Bianchi Cross bike

4 comments:

Charlie Farrow said...

Riding with Jesus...Sounds like an interesting time, what topics did you discuss? I'd like to know what he thinks of these NEO-Con notion of a "Just War" or "Peace through Strength." ;)

Ari said...

I was riding with Jesus as in the Cook that works at the restaurant that I work not the Jee-Sus of the bible.
Jesus loves the rain, cold and does not mind riding during a lightning storm. I resort to him when my other pals shake from fear under their covers.
ari

Richard said...

So are you saying Jesus, the cook, didn't have a take on "Just War" or "Peace through Strength."? Or are you avoiding the question? I'm jus sayin dude.

hehehe

Ari said...

At this point Jesus is just worried about getting people in the door so we can keep serving and cooking. I think that he disagrees with a lot of the modern political practices. I am reading "the end of America" by Naomi Wolf.
Today we went to have beers and food at Nikos Lodge on rte 64. It was a good time. I would like to ride there some time with a bunch of guys.
ari