Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Day off riding

I think that over the summer my beard just went grey. Whatever

over 4" of rain in a couple of days. Hey the gravel is saturated

Farm house close to Virgil, IL.


Deda' zero uno tubing, lugged, Italian made, a crazy ride





Sent the little one off to school this morning and I literally ran into the house for some coffee and scrambled eggs with bagels. More lube on the already crudy Bianchi and off I was to get a good ride in. I rode to South Elgin using part of the Great Western TRail and then took Silver Glen to get some hill work in. Did 25 miles into a headwind and at times I was wondering if it would ever end. I was comfortable wearing my Showers Pass Jacket, leg warmers, wool gloves and the helmet cover that Billabong gave me. I like the cover since it keeps my head warm. I listened to some soft music on the Mp3 player and the ride was very relaxing.
I specially enjoyed the 25 miles of tailwind all the way home. I am glad to have gotten back on track and so far I have been feeling pretty good on the rides. Still more stuff to organize:
Lights
winter clothing,Buy more clothes, gloves,get rid of stuff that is ripped and not usable anymore.
Total for today 50 miles
Bianchi Cross bike
Gravel, roads, hills, headwind
Rain and flooded trail.
best,

Ari

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see you out in the rain, headwinds, night, sloppy gravel roads, etc enjoying life and riding again. Seemed a couple of your Summer postings were getting to be a little on the "glum" side. Cheers

Ari said...

Thanks Jason. Just a lot of stuff going on and working the two jobs. I feel like my season is starting now.
ari