Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, November 10, 2008

Big Dummy is Finished






So I ebayed the great T-mobile carbon frame and in exchange I bought a Surly Big Dummy for the girls. I never have warmed up to carbon and I have too much respect for steel frame builders to go cheat on them. The big Dummy will open big possibilities for us. We can haul Giulietta and groceries without worries. I had a 230 lb rider in the back and the bike handled great. It is smooth, easy handling and verry comfortable. It is built with Surly front disc, rear shimano xt hub. 36 and 3 x wheels on Salsa Gordo rims. Cranks are Sugino triple and der are shimano. Thomson stem and a bunch of good used parts. Thanks Giggles for the Stem and shifters. It sucks that you are leaving.
Now I have to figure a way to bring it home. 52 miles on a 16" frame. I think I can do it. Maybe I will pack a 6er or PBR in the bags.

5 comments:

bluecolnago said...

we wanna see pictures of you riding that home. you better get a very long seatpost, buddy!

sweet bike!

Ari said...

I was planning on sitting on the deck and putting some rope on the handlebars. Going full chopper mode.
I know the girls will be thrilled with this bike. It just opens so many possibilities.
Ari

Charlie Farrow said...

Ari: Great looking bike...Hey we are both in the T.I. come early May!!!! I am crazy busy with conferences all week!!!

Cheers!
Charlie

Neve_r_est said...

I bet if you just stood the whole way home it would make great TI training.

I wonder where the heck my card got lost. It better show up there in the next day or two.

I think I've got my doublestands working pretty good now. I made three. Just have to finish painting. Prolly not as stable as Xtracycles' but plenty stout for loading and unloading the bike, and a little more out of the way.

DG

Ari said...

Charlie: It will be great to ride again.
DG: Your card for sure will make it. There will probably be another update today.

ari