Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

CREW



It is without doubt that the most important thing in the shop this year has been the "crew". I have worked in some pretty prestigious shops in the past but what happened this year was magical. The crew we assembled this year went beyond just being coworkers. WE actually did a lot of work and all became good friends. At some point I don't even now if shop owners are aware of what their crews are up to. People got together for rides, runs, crew members went to the demolition derby, ate, drank, listened to a ton of music.
Yes, the shop was so fuckin' alive I thought the walls were going to explode. To some extent the more sensitive customers picked up on it and became good friends also. Javier, Tyson Chicken and Dr. Giggles have become a staple. They will help us endure the long winter ahead. Our families suffer during the summer because we are a seasonal business. We get to enjoy time off during the fall and the winter. So, I am ready to take a break. I am tired, achy and kinda burned out. To all my friends, whom I cannot live without, My lovely wife, Daughters, and Sons I send out a huge thank you for putting up with my long hours and absence.
To all of you supporting me for Flandria thanks a million. I will be going to see some cross races in the fall. Time to get muddy.
Keep riding,
Ari

3 comments:

PointsRacer said...

Don't forget...Wednesday World Cup at 6pm. Bring the kids...there is a great play park. Mosquitoes were kicking it OLD SCHOOL last night. Really rough.

bluecolnago said...

god pic and write up, ari. we sometimes forget about those things that are so important.

cross season, yes! get the cow bells out!

bluecolnago said...

oops! "good" pic....