Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, August 7, 2007

A case of the Tuesdays


After so many years of riding, on road, mountain, cross, commuting, fixed gear, you figure an old geaser like me would know how to read a surface. For the second consecutive day I ate dirt. Landed exactly like I landed yesterday on my right side and exploded in pain when my cherry pied hip hit the ground. Man did I curse for a long time. Broke the buckle on the Sidis, my bike is a mess the chain is squeaking. What the hell is going on?? So today I spent over three hours to get to work. At some point my legs were starting to feel tough and I was pushing a bigger gear than I thought going up this hill. Messed up bike, broken shoe, broken body. This my friends is when you start to get in shape. The sad news is that september is around the corner and that is when it all flushes away. Then we start to think about equipment to gain that fitness all over again and by january we are weighing nipples and looking to see if our chains have holes in them. Enjoy the fitness while it lasts. Work was busy and we got a lot done.
Flandria is going well and I have received a lot of good vibes from friends. Our area needs a Pro shop and a place to hang out. That is what we are aiming for. checkout the www.flandriavelosport.com website if you are bored.
I hope not to crash tomorrow. Keep riding as much as possible. Marco Pantani is always remembered.
Ari

No comments: