Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, April 30, 2007

The Calmest moment of the week


We were able to get a small threesome for sunday's ride. Lots of talk going on, lots of parts ordering and upgrading but when it comes time to roll..... ain't nothing happening. I can only rely on the old dogs to make it out and go strech thee legs with me. Peter explaining some Karate shit to Dr. Giggles. I am in back trying to spot a Pheasant. Afraid Fermi willl be developed one day. That would really blow.
On Saturday worked all day at the shop and then served tables till late at night. This past sunday was one of the first sundays I could not shake the restaurant out of my legs. I also blame all the beer I have been drinking. Yes I had doo-doo legs the whole ride. So starting today I will stay away from the froth and also go invest in some new shoes. It's not easy to find shoes when you wear steamliners in size 15. Thank god Sidi came to my rescue because squeezing into those 48s was getting painful. I think it is true that when you get old, your feet get wider and bigger, you get shorter and strange hair grows in strange places. I found my first ear hair.
Today I got out and did 22 miles by thyself and cursed at how bad traffic is. I did not have any incidents but was amazed at the amount of cars out on the road. Lots of cars had only one passenger in them. They were roaring down the road and I played Greek roulette a couple of times trying to cross a couple of roads. Pretty soon I will drag my rollers out on the driveway and ride on them for a couple of hours because traffic will not allow me to be on the road.
How can we solve this problem? What can we do to stop this craziness?? My friend Ricardo is creating a commuter program at Brookefield Zoo. As soon as I find out the details I will post.
Trafffic has shut down our old routes little by little and I feel like I am being squeezed. Trying to fight against so many cars is dangerous and pointless. I hope we pull out of Iraq and our gas goes to 25 dollars a gallon. Maybe then we will cut down on driving, we will car pool and we will walk our fat brats to school. Yes a handful of bikes at the rack and a wrap around the block of Suvs and minivans dropping off "the children".
I try to do my part by riding to work and doing 90% of my errands by bike. I don't need a pat on the shoulder but those fuckers with the big cars will be riding with me one day and will realize that I don' t have a DUI.
Until then may the price of the car nectar reach the heavens, because I plain don't give a damn.
out,
Ari

2 comments:

bluecolnago said...

good post, ari!

glad you got some new shoes for those gunboats! nothing worse than hurtin' feet!

peace out, yo!

strangelife said...

I'm all in on the big jump at the pump. We should also think about making siestas a part of the fabric of American life. Ride more, work less, live longer, be happier.