Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Bicycle Specialties Crew

This post goes without a photo since there is no electronic data available yet. I was thinking today that the mayority of my friends have moved away and I have not seen them for a very long time. There was this era when we lived close to each other and life was simple and fun. We all followed our dreams, careers and jobs and moved away little by little. For us poor saps that stayed behind things have never been the same. You have never been replaced and there always is this yearning of seeing you again.
Today I saw some photos that I have not seen in a while and got some cold shivers when I thought about how time has gone by. Some of the bikes and parts still exist and are still functioning. I saw myself thinner, and with more black than grey hair. I started to wonder if it would ever be possible to assemble the old crew again. We have people in Oregon, Washington, Colorado, Texas and who knows where else.
This past Sunday I was able to ride with Ballak, Miroslav, Pete,and new pal Michael Roe. It was a special treat and really enjoyed it. I guess that at the time we never thought about this stuff. It is when you spend enough years without seeing someone that it starts to sting a little.
As I navigate thru the battle of the real estate world I will be moving 56 miles west to contribute even more to the absence. I hope to stay in contact with everyone and at some point would like to make visits a more feasible thing.
To all I wish you the best,
Ari

2 comments:

strangelife said...

Time marches on, my good man. The brave few who've remained are still swinging through the same shit the rest left behind a long time ago.

bluecolnago said...

friends are what make the world go 'round, ari. be good!

peace out, yo!