Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, April 2, 2007

Mission Accomplished





Sort of a impossible time lately with the onslaught of the new season at the shop. We are going gangbuster style and have been really busy. I have gotten myself involved in one too many custom projects and have been a bit stressed. Anyway the good news is that I feel a lot better after the tri flow thing. My throat still bugs me but I think it will get better. The wife's Pegoretti is done and Pete lent me his wheels so she could ride it. The wife was very happy to ride it and it looks really nice. Shifting and setup was dead on and the king headset was perfect, as always. The white saddle is the new Selle San Marco Aspide Glamour. Which is a girl saddle that does not look like a girl saddle. Terry Butterfly saddles might be comfy but they look like butt. Loose the butterfly, please.
Speedplay light action pedals good for beginners and light riders that don't have tree trunks for legs. Beautiful stem and bars thanks to deda. Stem is Zero 100 gunmetal polish and bars newton gunmetal also.
Will build wheels with Chorus silver hubs with ambrosio evolution rims. Tires will be vittoria open corsa cx in white.
Italian bike for an italian girl.
Rode my first 100k yesterday on my 25pound quickbeam. Very windy and left home with no food or money. I also forgot to pump my tires. Caught a lot of wind with the fenders and rack.
be back soon with more dumbness.
Don't drink oil.
Ari

2 comments:

bluecolnago said...

whoaaaaa! that is one sweet ride!

i use the terry "fly" saddles on my mountain bikes. I know they look like butt, but they are comfy!

ride safe.

peace out, yo!

strangelife said...

One ride and I was hooked. Can't say it rode better than the Master Olympic. Just "different". The short stem made it feel like it handled quicker. And damn was it smooth. The 'Nago doesn't cancel out pavement feedback quite like that.