Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

January 17th, 2007


Finally I get a chance to sit and write down some stuff. I thought I was on a roll with the weather but as we all know that came to a brutal halt. Sorry if you thought that was going to last all the way until it was really supposed to be warm. I did take advantage of it but I did not break any January mileage records. January 5th was my b-day and I turned 44 years young. I had a quiet dinner at home and had myself a nice steak. On January 15th the wife hit the big 30 and we had a really nice day. Went to dinner, had cake and finally, after an agonizing 6 months gave her the frame. I saved, ebayed and saved and was able to locate a Pegoretti Marcelo with the "faces" paint job.
We really surprised her and all along she thought she was getting a food processor. Who needs a food processor when you can chop your onions with a Marcelo??
Also this week I received the Rivendell Quickbeam from California. I had been contemplating this bike for a while. Once I have it built I wil do full report on it. The marcelo will get its report too. That one is going to take longer to build since it is not being built with Ari's chop house parts.
I have been feeling really stiff lately and my legs and knees are sore. I guess it is the cold weather and lack of streching. Been pulling out my old Cyclocross book and following some of the streches there. Tiger balm also helps a lot and feels warm. Tomorrow is my day off and hope to get out on the bike for some miles. I have Ergon on my ruffian and I also received the ergons without the barends and have those on the Voodoo singlespeed.
I am still driving the oldsmobile and will continue to look and save until we cann afford a decent car. 3k does not buy a lot of car these days.
My buddy MIchael ordered a Gunnar Ruffian and we will be receiving it second week of february. Can't wait to start building it. We are talking of building up King singlespeed hubs, headset, thomson etc. Will be a good project.
I hope to get out tomorrow and bring some report. Until then everyone keep warm and safe. Buddy Jason is sending me a Sigma heart rate monitor. I want to learn how to use those devices so I don't look dumb in the shop. Maybe lose some pizza dough while I am at it.
Peace,
Ari
Above photo is of my beloved Legnano. Italian steel SLX, lugged construction, Aero tubing, Yes.....Cinelli turbo Bottom bracket shell.
Parts are Campy 8spd ergo, campy chorus 10spd cranks, old chorus brakes, Arionne saddle, Tubulars, spd pedals until I got the sidi road converted to Shimano dura ace look style .
Bike rides fabulous, climbs like a goat and turns like a ferrari. Same brand Gino Bartali rode back in the day.

2 comments:

bluecolnago said...

happy (belated) birthday to you and the missus. you're right, 44 is young! :)

that's a sweet looking ride you have there, ari.

peace out, yo!

strangelife said...

The Legnano is indeed luscious. Gino would be proud. Saw your Quickbeam today. Really, really, nice.