Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Saturday, February 29, 2020

Losing the Mojo

As a more mature, older cyclist I have come to realize a few things. Last year was a year of transition for me as I had left the bike industry after being in the trenches for over 30 years. 
I have no regrets about it since I have gained so much from it. I have lifelong friends that I will grow old with, knowledge, lots of miles ridden,people I have met. I supported my family and earned respect from my fellow workers. 
As the business changed a lot of the small shops did not follow suit. This caused a lot of turmoil and the demise of a lot of bike shops. I have already mentioned this phenomena in another post. I slowly started to lose my cycling mojo. I came to realize other important things. I came to realize how I spent all summers cooped up in front of my workstand. Customers would walk in and tell me how beautiful it was outside. 
It honestly started to affect me. I had spent a lot of years doing this. I had spent a lot of years in there. My family waiting for me a the end of a long day to enjoy the last rays of the day. 
After leaving the industry a weight has been lifted. Something has changed and I cannot put my finger on it. I miss the shop, the people and the bikes. Then there is a lot I don't miss. I am still trying to figure it out and I have a hard time doing it. 
I have been off the bike for over a month. I have not taken such a break in over 40 years and after a while I started to get used to it. I had lost my cycling Mojo. My body and mind needed a break, and intermission, a reset. 
Tomorrow the weather will crack. It supposed to be in the 50's. I will get dressed and start my new season. I hope to enjoy cycling like I did before. I hope to ride with family and friends. I hope to meet you for a ride. I hope to run into you out there. I have a lot to catch up with many of you. It has been a long time coming. 2020 might just out to be a pivotal year for a lot of things. 
thanks for reading, 
Ari 
Hope to catch up with you this year! 

No comments: