Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019


After a long absence I decided to write something on this here blog. I feel tat with other platforms we never get a chance to fully express out thoughts. It’s like we live in a world of subtitles and quick images. It is becoming more and more abstract. Nobody wants to or has time to read.
The above image is what is left of the shop. The whole inside has been gutted down to the basic structure. It has all been cleaned out and the only thing left are the front sign and the stickers I put on the rear entrance door.
So many stories and memories abound from this bike shop that was around for over 60 years. It truly saddened people when we decided to close. I hope that you had a chance to visit us before that happened.
No I am onto the next chapter. A young, small shop in Downers Grove. A shop with fresh ideas and a bright future.
I will continue to wrench and ride my bike. The two things that I am known for. Let me know if you are up for a ride. Specially at night cause that’s how the Slender Fungus rolls!
Thanks for your time. Thanks for reading.
Ari

No comments: