Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

The necessary evil known as cars

A true believer that cars r coffins

I guess as a rebellious child I always had to go against my father. It wasn’t that we did not get along or that I did not respect him. We are good friends and we truly love each other. He loved all things motorized, things that made life easier and more comfortable. He loved his cars but was not a car nut. He was a mechanic and made any car run perfect. He bought cars for pennies and had them in tip top shape in no time.
I loved self propelled things. My passion for the bicycle is un describable and neverending. It fascinates me to get on a light machine and go places for free, not causing any noise or pollution. It’s a fascination that has kept me in the industry for 30 plus years. A fascination that has kept me poor and without a summer vacation for a long time. 
This past week our tired old cars broke down to where they were undrivable. The wife was in the middle of a bunch of interviews. We had to borrow cars since the distances and timing were impossibel without a car. I came to realize that my hatred for cars is not realistic. I can function without one but cannot expect everyone else to do the same. I had both of them repaired and I will continue to use my bike most of the time. I still think that cars suck. Sorry.

No comments: