Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Long Ride Saturday

Got up at dark thirty to meet up with Ron at the secret location. The morning was perfect to say the least. I was aboard the Mondonico since I was again testing the whole geared versus SS thing. We rolled out westbound with the goal to make it to Woodstock,IL. We zigzagged from one town to the other until we got to the Woodstock Town Square. We intersected Cookie as he was on his way to Wheelwerks. 
We arrived to Woostock at 930am with 60 miles under our belt. We ate some great food at a Vegetarian restaurant and then started to head home. I was feeling good and knew that I had to keep rolling to make it in time for work. On the prairie path I flatted the rear  which I changed in a flash. Again closer to home I flatted the rear again with a defective tube that came apart from the seams. I thanked having a full size frame pump. 
A made it in time to shower and put my restaurant clothes on and bolt out the door. My legs were tired and I was a bit deydrated. Totals for the day ended up at 120 miles. Left the house at 530am and returned at 230pm. July, Aug and Sept have given me some good rides. July the 140 mile Death Ride. August the 205 mile Demi-Dirt, A 105 Ride to Kane County, Yesterdays 120 mile Woodstock run. 
Good stuff this long distance riding. 
best, 
Ari
The morning was excellent. Cool , no wind and No effing cars!!


Ron aboard his trusty Gunnar Streetdog.

We rode around Crystal Lake

WE ate here and it was awesome. Really awesome. 

On the way back we cruised through Bull Valley. 

1 comment:

Ari said...

WE are plannin another long ride soon.This time I will post starting time sooner. This ride just happened in no time.
Ari