Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Last minute change of plans

We were supposed to head out south for the holiday but my little one brought home a flu bug on Friday afternoon. By Friday night she was sick and we canceled our trip. So last minute I arrange and early, early ride with long distance companion Ron. We met up at the Greek Islands in Lombard and started heading west and southwest almost all the way out to Yorkville. I was again on the Quickbeam and Ron was on his Custom Gunnar Crosshairs pushing a 42x18 same as my singlespeed on the Rivendell. We picked up Bruce in Naperville and had a good ride. I arrived home fresh with no leg or muscle pain. I did not have any food to take with so the whole ride I drank some roctane and had 1 gel. I was really hungry when I got home but did not bonk during the ride. I am fortunate to have these riding companions. Getting up early pays again since I arrived home at 1130 am with 75 miles in the legs. Todays pace was a bit calmer since we just wanted to chill and enjoy the peace of the early morning. We did some trail riding also since the fog was very dense and we worried about getting hit by a car. 
best, 
Ari 
Below is the route we did. According to my Garmin. 









No comments: