Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Spring Training in March

Last year I was riding my bike in upstate New York. We were experiencing another freak weather pattern with no snow. So there I was in winter riding my fix gear bike with skinnies. This year I am in the Chicagoland and I was riding my Road bike in January piling on the miles. I blew February into the trash compactor with an incredible sinus infection. 
So, back on the bike in March to find snow, ice,  more ice frigid temps and a nasty wind out of the North. It truly has not been easy but being a biker in the midwest is no piece of cake. I guess if you have money you go to Arizona or California and take up a training camp. In the case of the Fungus we stay here and we duke it out. 
My mileage for Trans Iowa is less than stellar so far. I think I have enough fitness to find a fighting chance. I will be changing some things with diet and bike setup. 
This weekend it will not rain and be in the balmy 40's , so there is a chance I will meet my dudes for a cruise. Hopefully we will be blessed with good weather for the TI and that will make a huge difference. More time on the fixed gear to wake up the legs. Currently pushing 42x15 on the steamroller with riser bars. Yesterday I lost the head for my cateye strada double wireless. I was really liking this computer since I can measure my cadence. I am also working out a knot in my left calf. 
Got to go, 
Ari 

No comments: