Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Another Bitter Outing

I was really happy to see my good friend Brad. Thanks for the Photo Frank.



Making it to the end of the trail. The wind was really cutting me today.


The great 1x1 with 29er wheels, White Industries Disc Hubs and single speed.
Note Suntour XC Pro pedals with Powestraps.



Just wasn't ready to have to switch to my Sorels this early in the winter. Today I used the following to get the ride in.
Craft windfront turtleneck
Rapha longsleeve winter jersey
Patagonia Guide Shell
Busted bib shorts.
Leg warmers
Craft Storm Tights
NCC SOS socks
Smartwool Expedition Socks
Sorel Full Tilt Boots
Patagonia Balaclava
Headsweats Hat
Helmet with Louis Garneau Helmet Cover
Wool Gloves
Moosemitts or Pogies or Snowmobile Handlebar Covers. Whatever you want to call them

I high tailed it all the way to St. Charles with a Tail wind. The bank said 10 degrees with a 15-25mph wind out of the west. I was comfortable until the sun started to sink. I made it to my friend Frank's house just to warm up. He offered me a great espresso and then I rode over to the running store to meet the wife and the little one and get a ride back home. I would have died riding home since I was half frozen at that point.
I opted to use the Surly 1x1 since the GWT snow was not that deep. Once I hit Brown Road in Wasco the Sled-mobile tracks dissapeared and I tried riding on a pock marked trail which was impossible. I walked about 2 miles until I found smoother riding. I was determined to make it to the end and I did.
Tomorrow starts another week and the k-nee is doing better. I am so thankful, so thankful that it is feeling better. Neck and shoulders sore from riding the bumpy terrain.

best,

Ari

1 comment:

JC said...

I'm from the south...you guys are nuts! Too cold for me. Keep up the good work, nice blog.