Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, June 26, 2009

Just some thoughts

Salsa La Cruz

Pugsley


Motivation will come when some stuff decides to finally slow down. Working the two jobs and having the wife take summer classes plus work has left us empty handed in regards to free time. For example This week I worked :
monday shop
tuesday shop
wed shop
thurs restaurant
frid shop and restaurant
saturday shop and restaurant
On Sunday it is Greek Fest in Dekalb and I have to help out my Church. My dad is Greek, thus i am half greek and I respect and enjoy my Greek heritage. I will get up early and go give a hand.
I don't know how the rest of the day is going to pan out. We'll see. I am starting to think that we stay indoors in our cocoons for months on end and then when the summer comes its like an explosion of activity that everyone has to do. There is like a mad dash before its over again and the leaves start to fall.
At this point I really don't enjoy nice weather anymore. Nice weather is lame. Nice weather means noise, crappy bikes, and people yelling crap out their windows. It like a bunch of convicts out enjoying their freedom from the quiet of the dark and cold weather.
I know this is a lame post but sometimes I have to get some ideas out. I am having a huge glass of hot Mountain tea with real, white sugar. My stomach is a mess and I am trying to calm it somehow.
Tomorrow would be ideal to get up and meet the guys at 730am and do for once the morning ride. Problem is I come tired and wired from the restaurant and I can't just go to bed. I then fall asleep super-late and never make it to go ride early. I also don't look foward to coming back to the shop and starting another double duty day which only lasts a mere 12 hours. Man am I bitchy or what?
Anyhow, I will come out of all this. I will get the Pugsley built for the winter and finish the Salsa La Cruz for some mega-miler rides in the Fall.


For the La Cruz is the following
Rick Hunter custom Super-crown fork. Have it in my possesion. Thank you Rick.
King headset. Want to buy one.
King hubset Want to buy one
Nitto steam want to buy one
Thomson seatpost Want to buy one.
Rolls Saddle No more saddle sores
The rest is undecided.
Pugsley
Endomorph tires
larg marge tires
cane creek headset
rolls saddle
Bin Seatpost
Stem, handlebars Not sure
shifting not sure
cranks, bb, chain not sure
derailers not sure


better and more cheerful posting to come soon!

argh,
Ari

No comments: