Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, June 15, 2009

It's Hamburger Time!!!

Couple of Saturdays ago. Cold in June.

Carlos, our Neighbor that loves bikes.

Helmut, on route to marengo, IL on Harmony hill rd.


Surly Steamroller making love with gravel.



Been kinda not posting for a while since I was dealing with a little big issue. Just like pal Cornbread out in the Nebraska state this Illinois boy has been afflicted by a hefty case of the Burger. The Burger is a consecuence of riding too much, pounding the little innocent hair follicles into oblivion until one day they say enough and they Rise!
Yes, they rise and they sure let you know about it. Sometimes it is just a little, lonely one and other times they group up, (in this case about 8 of them) and they form a Burger. There is no saddle in the world to accomodate it.
I have still been riding to work though. I ride the tipy of the saddle and I do a lot of standing. I figure old T.I. veteran me can handle suffering for 7 miles.
Now the case of this burger is the consecuence of commuting to work, sweating a bit on the commute, getting to work, changing into shorts, sweating all day, and then riding home with the same morning shorts.
At Hartleys I washed my shorts everyday and then hung them out in the back alley to get bombarded by the Sunlight. It killed all germs and my Butt was happy.
At this point I have switched from regular soap to Grandpas Pine Tar soap and have been washing 3 times a day. Heavy coats of Bag Balm. Next step if the situation does not improve will be grounding and driving the Pantanimobile to work.
I hope you understand my absence but I promise that when I am done with my burger I will come back with a vengeance. My next big ride will be a 125er.
I received my custom Rick Hunter Supercrown fork for the Salsa La Cruz. I will post photos of it soon.




Hope you are burger free,




ride on,




Ari

5 comments:

bluecolnago said...

everyone deserves a happy butt, buddy! take care of yourself.... :)

Anonymous said...

Time heals all burgers. Hang in there Ari.

Ari said...

3 showers a day
Bag Balm
Neosporin
Out of the saddle time.
Just commuting for now.
ari

MN Joel said...

Why not just carry a second pair of shorts to work for the commute home?

Ari said...

Been carrying extra clothes and then washing stuff at work. Doing much better and planning some Hurt soon.
Ari