Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, May 29, 2009

Pulmones=Lungs=Air=Supply to muscles.


Since I was about 15 I have been dealing with Asthma. As I am getting older my condition seems to worsen. I have always been controlling it with exercise, Albuterol and some anti-histamine when it starts to kick in in the spring.
At this point I am at a loss. Since returning from Trans Iowa I have been short of breath and my usual medicines have slowly but surely stopped to really kick the Asthma away. If you haven't had Asthma try riding your bike while breathing through a thin straw.
So.... with much regret I will visit the "Doctor" and see what wonderful ideas he has in mind. I don't usually run to the doctor for anything. I fight colds, flus, and just about anything on my own. I am dumb, stubborn and bullheaded mediterranean style.
I have been laying low in the past days since I cannot ride past the 15 mph mark without getting winded. So, a visit to the doctor, some EPO enriched Steroids should shake the Portobello mushrooms out of my sensitive bronchios and lungs and I should be ready to demolish all racing fields young and old.
Anybody with knowledge or experience with acupuncture to help with Asthma please send me a comment. That is another route Iam considering.
Don't Smoke , ride your bikes.
Wheezy Ari

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I know just the cure.... Pizza Luce! Come on up!

DJN said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DJN said...

what prescription asthma meds are you on now?