Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, August 16, 2020

August 16th, 2020 Apple River Canyon and Galena, IL.

 In in effort to escape the fishbowl we packed up the car and headed west again. Our target today was to get to Apple River Canyon, a place we have not been to in about 10 years. I have no idea how 10 years transpired but they did. We were pleased to see that not much had changed, save for the masked patrons. 

We found a removed location and had our prepacked picnic. Food always tastes good outside and one much get hungry from driving. We relaxed in our folding chairs then checked out the river which was low. We were able to walk in it for a bit and look at the bluff above. The weather was absolutely perfect. 

We returned from our river excursion and fired up the little stove for a moka pot of espresso. Total luxury I must admit. Once we were done we drove off and headed west exploring some beautiful roads in the NW IL corner. We came out to rte20 and decided to head over to Galena. It was a bit busy there so we just did a quick walk. 

It was a beautiful day and I enjoyed seeing some of the roads I had cycled on a long time ago. I couldn't believe what we had achieved back then and it seemed so long ago that we did that. 

I really liked getting out of my fishbowl. It gives me energy and hope. It gives me a drive to find new places and enjoy the beauty out there. 

thanks for reading. 








No comments: