Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Friday, April 3, 2020

The gift of friends

Left to right. T.J. , Bonk King and I . 



I remember I used to be able to make a phone call and Voila!, we had a ride going. But times change and the main characters to our Slender Fungus have dispersed like you know what. Except for Gumby and Me  the rest have dispersed all over the country. It's a good thing because the will continue on their mission to instigate other people to ride and they will continue to be loyal to the SFCA. 
We love all riders and encourage people to get on bikes. It really doesn't matter what kind of bike you are riding, don't matter what you are wearing either. If you ride at night we might love you a bit more though. 
With all this free time and a almost complete stoppage to the annoying rat race some big minds are churning up stuff that will come at you pretty soon. 
The return to group riding, I think will be different. I think people will be more accepting, more generous, more tolerant. I hope to see some positive changes in the coming months. This has given me time to reflect on a lot of things. 
In the meantime I think it's important to stay in touch,call eachother, check on eachother,send a note. A huge hello to everyone out there. I hope you are all doing well. 
thanks for reading, 
Ari 

No comments: