Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Saturday, April 4, 2020

Night time photos

Our Street

Our neigbors are not giving up on Christmas. Full light up EVERY night. no joke.  
A deserted main drag our town. This would have thousands of cars on a Friday night. Thousands. 


Our gravel alleys 

I love the shadows the tree makes on this house. 

Our local mechanic that saved my 2002 Nissan van from the junker. Thank you Mark
Burlington ave on a friday night. This is impossible and mindblowing. 

Wifey and Miku on a night walk. 



Since our doggie likes to bark at every dog she sees out there we have been going out late at night. To be honest I have always said night time is the best. We saw only one other person out there. I have observed the trails and forests being kinda "crowded" if we are supposed to be adhering to the social distancing thing. People don't even spread out in the parking lot, taking the spots closest to the trail as to not have to walk to far to get to walk on the trail?? 
So last night we had a good long walk. I took my new camera with me and was amazed of how it can take photos in the dark. MY old iphone and point and shooters have nothing on this thing. One can up the ISO and pretty much capture anything you want. 
We had a long week at work pumping out product for the emergency vehicles that are in much need now. It was tense at work with gloves and masks and earprotection. Talk about feeling confined. We were all glad friday rolled around and that we have the weekend to recover and hide. I have a lot of projects due at home and I cannot wait to start working on some bike stuff. I think I will finally be getting back on the bike soon. 
It has been a long break that I needed for a looong time. I pretty much have cycled non stop since I was 18 years old. So after 40 years of pretty much uninterrupted riding my body said to stop for a while. I literally walked in circles as if pedalling! Always hunched over in the "drop" position. You know what I mean. 
I am pretty sure my re-introduction to riding will probably be on the fixed gear or single speed bike. That seems to always bring me back to some kinda shape. I do 1,000 miles on said bike and then move over to the geared bikes. Everyone have a good weekend. I guess we are moving into wearing a mask or some kind of covering when we go out. Buffs, I think are a good alternative if out riding. They come in different weights for different temperatures. The warmer ones are merino wool, the lighter summer ones are polyester. Ride safe, don't take chances and beware to not crash and have to go to an ER. They don't want you in there taking up valuable real estate. 
thank you for reading and be safe, 
Ari 

2 comments:

Mac said...

I purposefully didn't order masks in advance, because we have plenty of buffs around the house. I did order a new white buff, though.

Tim H.

Ari said...

I think the buffs are enough for riding. Are you riding at all?