Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, June 17, 2013

Father's Day Ride

Worked Saturday night at the Bistro and got home at a decent time of 11:30 p.m. My daughter was visiting from Chicago so we hung out for a while and had a couple beers. Then I got my stuff ready, hit the sack at 1:30 a.m to catch 2 hours of sleep. 
     I had been needing to do this ride to clear out some demons and I was excited to make it out to Sycamore before 8 am. I got up with heavy eyes, got ready and was out on the road by 4:09 am. I started heading west right into a headwind. This headwind would persist for most of the day. 
     I made  the 50 mile mark by 8 am on the Gunnar Prototype pushing those 40mm Clements. Bonk King showed up soon and we were heading further west to Cherry Valley, IL. Within 1 mile I turn around and find my old Pal B.B and Derek, "The blue Demon". I was shocked to see B.B since it had been so long since we had ridden together. We did a lot of much needed catching up and we laughed for a solid 4 hours. 
     We ended up a our gas station in Kirkland and had some pizza and mountain dews. We ended the ride with handshakes and I was on my way to the inlaws for a long session of gardening and weeding. I ran off to Dekalb for some espresso and Quinoa and took the bike to loosen up the legs. 
     It was a great day spent with family and friends. The weather was warm and sunny, the weeds furious, the food great, and those Beck's Dark frosty and refreshing. 
I totalled in 120 miles for the day, and was really happy with that. No photos until I catch some from B.B. My battery was left on the charger.
best, 
Ari 

No comments: