Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Winter Riding in the Singles.

I discovered there is a majestic Bald Eagle that lives about 1 mile from our house


There is a lot of streams and creeks around us.


CAnnondale with Cascadia fenders and Moosemitts. Essential winter gear


The wife and offspring surprise me with homemade cake for the big 49.
I can still beat you up.


Thanks for reading,

As always.






I had a quick window in the afternoon to get out and stretch the legs. I got out with the C-dale mountain bike and it was great. The roads were covered in snow and I headed south, straight into the hills. I took Brickyard Falls, then Broadhead and then headed south on Watervale. My intent was to get in a quick 15 miles. I turned around at the halfway mark and started descending. The temps were dropping quick and between that, going downhill and having a headwind I quickly got really cold. My feet froze and my sweat felt really chilly under my jacket. Getting home was great and it took a while for the toes to warm up again. As always, I was glad to get out because there is no such thing as a bad ride.
Try Harder,

Ari

No comments: