Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

January is finally over and the goals have been met

This January posted some pretty crazy weather and I just had in mind to ride all effing 31 days like I did last year. Then I toyed with the idea of riding in 600 miles and I thought that would be grand since I have not done that in many years. It was a blessing that Giggles and I got together this past Sunday and clocked out 50 in some cold, windy weather. I woke up this morning with 550 miles on my calendar and I thought that I should give it a go. I rode to work, then rode back , then headed out on a night ride. I still had 30 to go so I headed east on Salt Springs and that took me all the way to Chittenango. I then returned on 5 going west and found 29owest. Took that to Green Lakes area and hopped on the Erie Canal for some really sluggish mud riding. Continued on 290 again and rode into Minoa, then East Syracuse then got onto Kinne, took Towpath back to Bodrick then rode back to Manlius and back home. I ended the day with 50 miles on my Salsa La Cruz and ended the month of January with 600 miles. I can feel the improvement with all the climbing and consistent riding. I hope to stay healthy and continue with my goal of 800 miles for February. I am also cutting the sugar from my coffee for the month.
No pictures with this one.


best,

Ari

4 comments:

Eric said...

Congrats sir. Coffee needs no sugar anyways. Drink it black, the color of evil!!

Jay said...

Good work my man

Ari said...

Thanks there. Just really have planned to finish this beast off this spring.
ari

kristopher said...

I think IA is going to be looking better than ever. Keep up the determination. You the man!