Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Saturday, August 31, 2024

Work with what you have


 A few weeks ago I had commented to my friend GT how I hadn’t been riding a whole lotta gravel as of late. We do have quite a lot of miles of rails to trails. They are so smooth and groomed I routinely do them on my road bike. 

I’ve been doing a lot of road riding and that’s been fine. The group is very good, very punctual and we start super early and get home early as to have time to do other things. It’s always good to ride with others to have the company and mainly the motivation. 

I hope to get out in some real gravel in the coming weeks and enjoy the changing colors which here in Chicagoland we are slowly starting to see. 

I need to do some work on my main gravel bike, Black Mountain Cycles Monster cross disc, aka MCD. Some gearing issues but mainly tires, tubeless and all that kind of stuff. Been toying with the idea of a suspension stem for a while. They are kinda speedy but might be worth it. I’ll post some photos of the MCD so you can have an idea of the changes I wanna make. 

In the meantime have a great weekend, happy Labor Day. Enjoy your rides and tell your family and friends how much you appreciate them. 

Thanks for reading, 

Ari

*** Video above is of this mornings Saturday ride. It was really well attended. 

No comments: