Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Two week countdown

My possible ride. Gunnar Crosshairs. Will be third Trans Iowa if picked.
I have lower the gearing. It will be 34x45x11x34

Forcing myself to sit on the couch and relax. I just want to ride Now!!!



This is my third day off. I was adviced by the Northern Committee on taking some days off the bike. I will ride tomorrow night again to get that spin worked out. I am ready to compete and I think it will be a grand race. Everything is prepped. I have 4 bikes to pick from. I will determine this according to weather.
Salsa Fargo if the weather goes to shit.
Salsa La Cruz if it is sloppy but manageable
Gunnar Crosshairs if conditions are good and I feel I need the extra comfort
Salsa Chili con Crosso if it is bone dry and I plan on breaking records.
I have a feeling I will roll with the Gunnar this year. I must change the drivetrain and give it a once over.
Nutrition will be Perpetuem, carbo rocket, Nuun, Gels, pretzels, gas station food.
Ibex knickers, wool undershirt, wool jersey, arm warmers, leg warmers, gloves, balaclava, wind and rain jacket for extra insulation.
Canon d10 for a ton of photos. I promise i will take a lot of pictures.
best,
aRi


No comments: