Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Monday, March 12, 2007

When all you want to be is a Chump



So today I had the pleasure to work on the above photographed bike. I honestly don't have an issue working with such bikes because yes some people cannot spend a ton o money on a new model. However, I work in one of the most affluent neighborhoods in America. That includes North, Central and South America.
The above photo is of a 20 year old Peugeot City Express that some under-man brought in to turn into a "Race" bike for his wife. This poor woman is supposed to show up with this freaky bike to do a triathlon. My heart dropped when I saw this whole idea becoming clearer in my head.
How can some man have the you know what and allow his beloved wife to go to a competition with such bike? What will the other competitors think?Being ashamed of yourself is just not enough. I cleaned and cleaned till I eliminated some years off the bike. I found the slickest, narrowest contis to give her all the advantage possible. I oiled everything and gave her new cables. Beyond that there is nothing else...... no hope. I really wish she does well and that Mr. Chump will be somehow convinced to come in the shop and buy her a new bike.
Don't ever let a bike mechanic think you are a chump.
Ari

2 comments:

Chris said...

My eyes are burning. What a POS. Poor lady.

strangelife said...

Holding on to old crap never looked so sad.