Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, May 5, 2024

Long overdue post.









 Yes, it’s been a while since I typed some words on here. With today’s newer formats I just wonder if people even have the patience to read anything a bit lengthy. Last weekend the daughter and I took a road trip to Iowa. It basically rained the whole way there but we were in good spirits. We arrived in Dubuque and hit up a couple of great record stores. Then we went to a Goodwill, where I picked up a fleece since I was freezing. We left town and took Rte 52, along the Mississippi. 

We stopped in St Donatus at Kalme’s for lunch, then took some photos by the Lutheran church. We then drove further south to 308th street to visit the tiny Chapel of St Fritz, then further south to Bellevue, where I rode my bike briefly , just to say I rode in Iowa. We then headed to Sabula for more photography and Ice cream. We travelled south to Clinton and started on our way home. A long day of traveling but worth it. It was TransIowa weekend and I had this urge to be in Iowa. 

1 comment:

Guitar Ted said...

Thanks for keeping this blog alive.