Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

wednesday night riding


Salsa La Cruz beating up the trail, yes there is no kickstand on the bike






Hellmut new mutatig form of entertainment. It's called Lurching.
It entails, hanging out on the side of the rode in the middle of a winter night and as cars pass by you lean over and just stare at them. I think we scared a lot of motorists last night. Took a break here and had a midnight communion of Irish Whiskey and Gels.





Gumby had a busted Truck to fix and was unable to attend the wednesday night festivities. We did ride hard and long in his honor and will be looking foward to riding with him soon. We were on T.I. bikes and hit the GWT and it was a mess. Ice, snow and huges puddles of soft mud underneath. We then rode out to South Elgin, St Charles and then back. Departed at 830 pm from the Ari house and I arrived home at 2:00 a.m. I felt great except for my left leg that after a total of 5.5 hours of saddle time for yesterday was starting to complain. Stopped at the Gas station and some lady told us that once, in the middle of the winter she had seen two riders at 330am on Campton Hills rd. "Those guys were crazy, they were riding in the middle of the fog and ice". I simply replied that it was the Slender Fungus Association going on a mutation ride.
The ride home was crisp and cold. Good riding, legs are getting there, temps are warming up. My only concern is not to get any sickness with my lungs. They hate changes in weather. I should just move to Duluth, Minnesota!
best,
ARi

1 comment:

Dr. Giggles said...

...see you mutants in 49 days...