Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Sunday, March 28, 2010




Had a busy Sunday ahead of me and I tossed around the idea of riding all day on Saturday in my head. I just could not come up with a good idea. Hellmut was nursing a cold, I needed a hard ride in, my wife had tons of school projects to do on Sunday, my daughter needed quality time with dad. So at 10:30pm on Saturday night I figured out that that best thing would be to get ready and ride through the night into Sunday morning. I hurried and got dressed and loaded everything up on the bike. I looked at the wind, it was coming out of the N.E. and that is the general direction I took. I ended up in St. Charles and then headed north to do a loop of the Al Capones route. I then headed back south to St.Charles and took rte 64 home. Got pulled over by a cop around 3:30 am "just to check me out", continued, albeit a bit annoyed, arrived home with 6 hours of riding time. Went straight to bed after a glass of water and a cheese sandwich. Got up at 10 am and continued on with my day like nothing had happened. Got tired around 4:30 a.m., had a headache that I cured with sport beans and nathan electrolyte drink. Wished for a doubleshot can of starbucks and a couple advils at that time. Listened to music, slept on the bike, saw tons of coyotes, got chased in the woods by a lost chihuahua. Got freaked out a couple times. 3 men having breakfast at the parkway at 5:08 a.m. sunday morning. Ellesons's bakery open by 5:13 a.m.
Arrived home, a bit tired, sore neck, frozen feet, frozen face.

best,
Ari

No comments: