Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Harvest Time out in the Country



Had a real hard ride this morning since my Asthma has been raging. Been sucking on the inhaler and drinking lots of liquids to stay away from the ER and my doctor. I hate having to take steroids and a bunch of pills. As soon as we get a good freeze going my lungs clear up and my second season of the year starts. I ride really well in the winter and if I can keep my toes warm I am good for a long ride.
As you noticed on the photographs the corn has been harvested and my natural wind deflector has been eliminated. The fields now are WIDE open and there is no hiding anymore. If you do 50 out here you really notice it and you get a good workout if that is what you are looking for.
Today I rode the Bianchi Cross bike all the way to work to see how it would be. To be honest it was tolerable and it was a comfort to have the cross tires on the sloppy 20 miles of trail.
I had to stop a couple of times to control the Asthma and also to have a Bup of Boffee at the Bou-bous.
Work was fine and I had the honor to build a nice Waterford with used parts. I really don't like doing that but hey not everyone has a pound o'hundos in their pocket.
Tomorrow is my day off and it couldn't come at a better time. Everyone in the shop has taken some time off and I think I am fast approaching.
This Sunday is another chance for Rando Riding and I hope Giggles can make it out and that the weather cooperates. We'll see how long I can strech the one car thing. I would love to get thru November but I really doubt I will be able to. Anybody out there with connections to a good used car drop me a line. End of october is a Guitar Ted ride out in IOWA on gravel, 100 miler and I am tempted in doing it. Only problem is that if falls on a Saturday and that is my double shift day. More thoughts tomorrow.
Ari
get out and ride your beast.

No comments: