Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, August 22, 2024

August 22, 2024 Road and Limestone ride.

The Surly Troll with 26” wheels
Added some Ergon grips for my achy wrists
Took the Continental Race King 26x2.2 and Installed the Panaracer RibMo
Kind of a real pointy profile. Weird
I really like this tire. Will save up for a rear
Traffic was horrible today. I think they hated my jersey
Trails were empty and good
Great western Trail
Prairie Path
 

I woke up kind of achy everywhere but resolved to get a good ride in to see if it would go away. Traffic, construction, tree cutting on the trails was at a peak. No matter what I wanted, where I wanted it wasn’t happening. I just kept plugging along grateful for the perfect weather and sunshine. I had intended to get my Pink Gravel bike out but found the front tire , which is tubeless, completely flat. It probably needs a replenishment since I haven’t used it in a while. 

I took the Mullett, my Giant Contend, and it handled all the surfaces no problem. I started off with arm warmers and soon enough the temps picked up and off they came. I got home tired, dehydrated and wondering whether my Car ‘r’ Coffins Jersey ticked off todays drivers. Oh well! 

Thanks for reading, 

Ari

No comments: