Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Thursday, June 13, 2024

When everything else fails



I have this theory that after being sick the best way to get back in there is a Single Speed Bike. I have been dealing with a stubborn cold for almost 3 weeks. No idea why I can kick this thing good bye already. It was warm and sunny and I decided to hit the limestone trails for a while. I found my rhythm after about 15 miles. It was hot and humid and loud! Millions of cicadas doing their thing. I guess with the SS bike I just focused on pedaling and nothing else. Pictured above is my trusty All City Nature Boy disc. Running a 42x16 with 28mm tires. Cruising speed about 13-15mph. Position is dialed and I love those Ritchey Venture Max handlebars. This bike will bring me back. It always does. 
Thanks for reading

1 comment:

Guitar Ted said...

There was a weird, loud singy-buzz all around us in a wooded section Saturday on the Victory Ride. Someone asked if it was Cicadas but Tony said it was tree frogs! I cannot remember ever hearing this sort of sound before. Tony said that he thought it must be a banner year for the tree frog population.