Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, April 1, 2020

Remember Photo Dump??

Yes in the time before all those social media platforms showed up there was the Photo Dump. It was a way to show something you had in mind, a race, a ride, a gathering. 
Back in the day before cell phones I had a small digital camera. It was an olympus Stylus 400. I loved that camera and carried it everywhere with me. I captured a lot of very valuable to me images. 
Despite the quality not being so super it was more the  content and the moment. I never left home anywhere without the little stylus in my pocket. I still have the little camera and will update this post with a photo of it. 
The screen was soooo tiny. How did I even see it wonder my aging, drying eyes. It only had 4 megapixels but those were enough to get the job done. I went to several of them before I got my Canon D10. That was a huge upgrade and that camera still pumps out pictures like a champ. 
I have always enjoyed taking pictures of rides and people. Nowadays my photography has shifted a bit because of the crisis. It has given me time to think of new ideas for my photography and I am excited to unleash once we get the clearance to get out there again. 
I hope you are all doing well. This is weird, very weird and we get by day to day. Don't get discouraged. Stay positive whatever you do.
Thanks for reading, as always. 
Ari  
Graue Mill,Fullersbury Forest Preserve


Salt Creek after a heavy rain. 

Desplaines River

Very confusing arquitecture and and awesome car

Pulled up in front of me while I was having lunch in my van. Quick adjust and off he was! 

Boone County Fair. Olympus Stylus 400. A priceless photo for me. 

6 comments:

David Kasai said...

VW bus is awesome

Blue said...

Sweet photos, Ari. :)

Chad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Chad said...

I love that we have digital cameras so ready at our side in the form of phones, but pictures these days almost feel taken for granted, cheapened. They felt like a glimpse into something unique and special when we only had 28 to a roll. Again, I wouldn't go back, but I do need to refocus my mind.
I really should do what you are and sort all mine, sit down and slow down with them, absorb them.
Thanks for getting back behind the keyboard.

Eric said...

Love that photo at the county fare. The boys look so confused... out of their element!

Ari said...

Your comments are great. I have sooooo many photos it’s mind boggling. I also find them in real weird places. I need one of my kids to come over and help. Someday.