Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association

Headquarters for the Slender Fungus Cycling Association
Brewers of Hardy Rides.

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

Keeping the guard up

Open space , sun and calmness. Soon 

Iowa is on my mind. 
Last night I had a hard time falling asleep. I guess just waaaay too much to be able to just lay there and count pretty little sheep. As I labored to a hard sleep I started to dream of Iowa. The simple things like driving down rte 64 and cross the bridge in Savanna over to Sabula. Taking that rte 52 north and hanging out in Bellevue for a while. Going up the Scenic outlook and looking at the mighty Mississippi river. Packing a picknic or going to Potters Mill for some barbeque. 
The simple things in life that have become so impossible for the time being. It makes me wonder why it all happened. Is this a reset? Is this another sign to change our ways? I cannot help but have those thoughts in my head. The streets are dead, people are walking and riding bikes. I have never seen them before but I am pretty sure they are my neighbors. 
The highways are empty, at rush hour, with blocks of space between cars. Were we going hog wild and needed to stop? Needed to re-evaluate what we are doing? Did earth need a dramatic drop in pollution to catch it's breath before we punish it again. 
I'm sure this will pass and our memories will fog up and forget. Same as when 9/11 happened. It was all flags back then but those flags have worn,falling and never been replaced. 
This all has me thinking a lot since I have the time. Our home will have changes for sure and I hope that more people have had time to think. It's time to slow the rat race. It's time to give back, volunteer and in our case the dollar is not the bottom line. 
This weekend, if safe I will venture out on bike. I have been walking a bit for now. Trying to get 10k steps a day. Seems to feel good. Eating well, taking vitamins, eating fruits and vegetables, staying away from meats. Lots of water and hot tea. 
I hope to see you soon and share a ride with you. 
It's been a while, 
Ari 

2 comments:

Guitar Ted said...

First of all, I am glad to see you posting regularly again. Thank you.

Lot's of us are asking similar questions. Will the folks that were locked in as slaves to the Rat Race finally have their sight given back and see what could be? I hope so.

All The Best!
GT

Ari said...

I really hope that some people have had a chance to slow down and smell the coffee. I highly doubt they will all go back at it like nothing happened. There sure is a lot more to life than what they tell us it is. Thanks for the nice comment Mark.